As you might be aware, Un Air d’Antan creates sensorial and natural cosmetics. Our ingredients are very important. Today we thought we would give you one or two DIY recipes with one of our favourites ingredients: the bergamot.
We use this wonderful citrus in our Les Marchés de Provence range, it gives the products their zesty quality!
Here is a recipe for a reviving body scrub:
- 1/4 cup Salts: you can use the salts you have or prefer
- Dead sea salt: good for dry skin
- Epsom salts: very good to help muscles relax and recover
- Himalayan salts: good for detoxifying the skin
- You can also use sea salts from your kitchen, gros sel in French ;)
- 5ml Oil: use for their moisturizing effect
- Jojoba oil: best for skin with problems (eczema, acne, etc.)
- sunflower or grapeseed oil if you want to grab oils from your kitchen
- Sweet almond oil: best for deep cleansing (also good for rashes, eczema, etc.)
- 5 drops of Bergamot oil
- 2 drops of Verbena essential oil
Mix everything in a bowl and you are ready to go!
You are invited to make more of this body scrub. Put it in a glass jar, seal it and use it once or twice a week for a very smooth skin!
If you are out of bergamot oil, here is a recipe of a lemon face mask (you might already be familiar with this super easy recipe that only requires stuff from your kitchen!):
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
Mix everything and apply on your face for 10 minutes before rinsing with cold water!
Another little easy recipe for your enjoyment and take care of yourself Sundays.
Lemon and honey face scrub (again, these are all kitchen ingredients):
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of honey
Mix everything, scrub your face gently and rinse with cold water.
Try any of these and send us pictures of your cooking results and smooth skins! Cannot wait to see all your great work :)
Un Air d'Antan
Susan PATTERSON (2015), « 12 remarkable benefits of sweet almond oil for beautiful skin and hair" Natural Living Ideas. See here
Susan PATTERSON (2015), « 12 surprising benefits of jojoba oil for beautiful skin and hair" Natural Living Ideas. See here
Karen (2012), "4 easy DIY Skincare recipes with lemon", Makeup & beauty blog. See here
By Un air d'Antan. Un Air d'Antan is a French fragrances and toiletries brand inspired by timeless French songs and culture. With original fragrances are all created in Grasse (Provence), the world capital of perfumes, Un air d'Antan offers a delightful journey through the most beautiful and unforgettable French places and memories. Each variant is the olfactive expression of a timeless and beautiful french song. With Un Air d'Antan, beautiful old songs like La Vie en Rose enters your bathroom with delicate and subtile notes!